Facts about Study in Australia
- Ranked 51st in population with 22 million people.
- Around 562,000 international students with 95,000 to 103,000 from India.
- Australia has a market economy with high GDP per capita and low rate of poverty.
- Climate is pretty dry with desert and semi-arid areas.
- Almost 40% of the land is covered by sand dunes.
- Only South-East and South-West corners have temperate climate and moderately fertile soil
- Temperature ranges from well below 0 C to about 50 C.
- English is the most spoken language.
- Main cities: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Perth, Adelaide.
Study in Australia
Australia is a dynamic, vibrant continent and is a safe, friendly, sophisticated and harmonious society. It has become the first choice for many students planning to study abroad because of its transparent education system and the tailor-made course that elevate the student’s life and career. Australian education is recognized by employers and leading educational institutions across the world. Australia is comparatively more affordable considering the fact that most other overseas study destinations are pretty expensive. But, the low cost in no way affects the high standards of quality education.
Australia offers 3 intakes.
- Main/Principal intake.
- Mid-Year intake.
- Summer intake (provided by only a few universities.)
International students in the Australia can work up to 20 hours a week while studying and full time during vacations. If you study for 2 years you get 2 years work visa. You are allowed to work part time the day you land for your education.
- 12 years of schooling is the only requirement.
- Computing and Engineering will require Mathematics and/or Science as a subject.
- 6.0/6.5 band in IELTS
- 3 to 4 years of Bachelors program.
- Bachelors Degree from a recognized university.
- Work experience mandatory only for some courses.
- Few Universities require work experience for MBA programs
- 6.5/7 in IELTS
EARNING AND COST OF LIVING
- An International Student can work 20 hours per week during working classes months & full time during vacations.
- Tuition fees range from $24000 to $38000 per year.
- Salary per hour varies between $18 AUD to $25 AUD.
But you can recover the cost easily here is the calculation:
TIME HOURS EARNINGS EXPENSES
|8 months (regular classes)||20 hours||$1200-$1500 appx||$1000 appx|
|4 months (vacations)||Full time||$2500-$3000 appx||$1000 appx|
For more personalized information and opportunities abroad