Earn while you Learn in Australia
Sounds quite exciting, right. Australia is one of the largest and most popular destinations for international students. Being a hub to a variety of universities, Australia provides you with a plethora of opportunities. You might be thinking that how is Australia fascinating option for you?
Advantages of Studying in Australia:
- One of the many advantages of studying in Australia is that international students are able to work part time while completing their studies to support themselves financially.
- Student Visa enables you to work 40 hours per fortnight during your semesters. Moreover you are allowed to work full time during summer and winter breaks.
- The Australian government gives every international student same privilege when it relates to working while studying. As such you have the right to a minimum wage as stipulated in The Fair Work Act.
How will Part Time Jobs help you shape your Career?
- Balance work life and academics: You not only get an opportunity to supplement your living expenses, but working in any foreign country renders you the strength to organise and build your self esteem and manage your schedule accordingly.
- Professionalism: Part Time jobs are not meant to just fulfil your monetary expectations, but in a longer run they train you to face the outer world with a lot more confidence. Theoretical knowledge gained is of least importance until utilised appropriately. Be it a job in the hotels, bars or super markets, every job trains you in a specific way.
- Building Network: Part time jobs help you build diverse contacts. Meeting diverse people will help you establish yourself in a better way. Not only will you be able to be a part of their community, but will also be able to prove yourself. It also might happen that after your degree one of these part time jobs will help to land a permanent job.
- Flexibility: Part Time jobs give you the flexibility of managing your academics and work life simultaneously. Part time jobs will always remain a second priority for you because your first priority remains academics.
Where can you find Jobs?
- Sales and telemarketing
- Administration or Clerical jobs
Last but not the least; the most important factor is “How to manage your work life and your college?”
Here are a few tips that will surely assist you in scheduling your day week or a month.
Time Constrain: Always schedule your week well in advance. Thus your priorities will always be sorted out.
Eliminate excessive work load: Always remember that you are here to complete your education and get recognized globally. Earning additional income is not bad at all, but do not indulge yourself completely into work. Opt for jobs that are convenient to you.
Keep a Limited Social Life : With all the rigors of academic life and part time work life can get quite hectic at times. So it is important that you have a shoulder to lean on during your tough times or at times when you are feeling low. With the paucity of time it is important that your social circle is tight knight and that you have people you can trust around you.