- Average winter and summer temperatures vary according to location
- Temperature ranges from as low as -40 C to as high as 35″ to 40 C
- Ranked 35 in population with 34.5 million people in the country.
- Around 162,000 international students with 9300 of them being from India
- Canada is among the world’s wealthiest countries with a high per-capita income.
- Canada’s two official languages are English and French
- Main cities: Ottawa, Toronto, Calgary, Halifax, Montreal.
Study In Canada
In the last decade, Canada has repeatedly been chosen by UN as one of the best places to live in the world Canada has world-wide reputation as a quality education provider. Canada also has one of the fastest growing economies of the world In 1998, Canada’s gross domestic product (GDP) was an estimated $688.3 billion up from $643 billion in 1997. Canada ranks among the 10 leading manufacturing nations, and has also experienced tremendous growth in the technology and services industries
Canadian degrees and diploma are recognized throughout the world. Canadian work experience is highly desirable by multi-national companies who actively recruit on Canadian campuses.
September is the primary intake. The Application closing date for Universities is around February and for community colleges is around May.
January-February is the secondary intake for which the closing dates are in October-November for universities.
May is a Minor Intake
Students are allowed to work 20hrs a week during semester and full time during vacation Students can work only on campus for the first six months.
Its Minimum wage is CAD$ 8-12 /Hour. Canada also provides work permit to students after course completion:
Study 1 yr = Study Permit for 1 year.
Study 2/3 yr = Study Permit for 2 years.
Cost Of Living
- Course Fees differ as per the course & University/College.
- Community colleges fees ranges between CAD$ 11,000 and CAD$ 14,000 per annum.
- University fees ranges between CAD$ 20,000 and CAD$ 28,000 per annum.
The Average Living Cost per Student is between CAD$ 8,000 and CAD$ 10,000 per year. This includes accommodation, food & transportation.
For more personalized information and opportunities abroad