How to Register for the TOEFL test
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is a standardized test designed to assess the English proficiency of non-native English speakers. Depending on the internet access facilities available at the test centers and locations, this exam is conducted in either of the two formats – the popular internet-based test (TOEFL iBT) or the paper-based test (TOEFL PBT). Here are some important points to keep in mind while registering for the exam
How To Book TOEFL Test?
The booking can be made online, by phone, or by mail. You can also buy registration vouchers or avail of registration assistance at iBT Resource Centers available locally. The list of available iBT Resource Centers can be accessed from the official website
- Walk-in registration at test centers is not available.
- Those with disabilities or special needs should register by mail only.
The Regular exam booking deadline is seven days before the actual exam date (not inclusive of the test date).
Cancel or reschedule your TOEFL test.
Late registration is accepted only up to three days before the exam date (not inclusive of the exam date) along with a late fee.
If registering by phone, late registration is accepted one business day prior to the exam date. If registering by mail, the registration form should reach the TOEFL office four weeks prior to the exam date.
It is important that you check the available test centers at your preferred locations and the exam dates before your register. Based on the format and the availability of seats, you can register for iBT or PBT. A list of iBT and PBT dates and test locations is available online.
- Early booking is recommended so that you get a slot at your preferred date and location.
- If required, you may cancel or reschedule a registered exam online or by phone, up to three days before the exam date (excluding the exam date).
- Half the fee amount will be refunded in case of cancellation; rescheduling will require you to pay an additional amount.
For more details on registration, see the registration bulletins available online
How to Register for the TOEFL Test
If you choose to register by mail, you need to download, print out, and fill in the Registration Form available online. After filling in your name and other details correctly, choose the mode of payment from the given options. While registering by mail, you need to enter certain codes manually in the registration form, which can be accessed online.
- Make sure that you have chosen two test locations, at least. Send the form along with payment to the address given on the form.
- Ensure that you receive confirmation from TOEFL, and upon not receiving a confirmation, get in touch with the location where you sent your form as early as possible. This should be done at least three business days before the exam sign-up deadline. You are generally allotted a test date and location as close to your preferences as possible; however, the availability of slots is also a factor to be considered.
- If registering by phone, you need to go through and review the Registration Form accessible online. To complete the registration formalities, you need to call either of the two phone numbers available for US and Canada. If you are from any other location, you need to call your Regional Registration Center; the list of regional centers is available online
- While registering, ensure you give all the correct details and spell your name correctly. Payment can be made by e-check, credit/debit card, or registration voucher. For more information on exam sign-up by phone or mail, you may refer to the relevant section on the official website
If you’re planning to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and are looking for a coaching center, or online coaching. choosing the right one can be a critical decision impacting your exam score. But don’t worry we are here to help you out. Education Street trained over 1000+ students for the TOEFL exam. We have highly experienced teachers. We give individual attention to students by keeping the batch size small.